Experience the best Scandinavia has to offer, with this fantastic trip through Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Wander through captivating Scandinavian cities, marvel at the views of rolling green hills, quaint towns, breathtaking fjords and snow-capped mountains.
This Scandinavia tour kicks off in cultured Copenhagen, travels through the stunning Danish countryside, cruises through magnificent Norwegian fjords and showcases Sweden’s unique style! Absorb the Scandinavian spirit of Oslo and Stockholm and even take a step back in time with a visit to a Viking village. Are you ready to see the sights of Scandinavia? This fantastic itinerary might be exactly what you need.
Combine this tour with one of our other fantastic Europe packages for some serious savings – get in touch with us today for more info!
Welcome to Copenhagen and the beginning of this exciting Scandinavia tour! Over 10-days, you can look forward to seeing the best of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Today, arrive in Denmark’s capital city and check-in to the hotel. This afternoon, meet up with your tour leader and the rest of the tour group this afternoon. Once everyone has arrived, join a local guide for a driving and walking tour of Copenhagen covering the highlights of the city. Finish off the first day with an included welcome dinner. Get to know more about your new travel companions over a delicious meal before turning in for the night.
Experiences included: Guided tour of Copenhagen: Embark on a walking and driving tour of Copenhagen with a local guide. Highlights of the tour include the well-known Nyhavn Waterfront, Rosenborg, the Town Hall, Amalienborg Palace and the Little Mermaid statue.
Meals: Welcome dinner
Copenhagen - free day
Copenhagen is yours to explore today! Experience the city at your own pace - there are many exciting options! Enjoy a few hours at Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen’s famous amusement park, and visit the Rundetaarn - this astronomical observatory offers amazing views of the city and is home to a unique equestrian staircase, which was used years ago to allow a horse and carriage to access the library at the top of the tower. Why not return to Nyhavn to explore the canals and enjoy a spot of lunch? A visit to Freetown Christiania is always an intriguing experience! This commune in the east of the city was established by squatters in 1971. Since then, it has attracted non-conformists from across the globe.
Copenhagen Odense - Aarhus Bergen
Travel to the coastal town of Hirtshals this morning and enjoy the beautiful views of the Danish countryside along the way! Today’s first stop is in Odense. This is Denmark’s third-largest city and the birthplace of famous fairytale author Hans Christian Andersen. Embark on an orientation tour of the city and enjoy free time to explore. Next up is Aarhus - the second-biggest city in Denmark. Aarhus is home to an old town open-air museum and Viking museums as well as contemporary artwork and architecture. See the highlights of the city on an orientation tour. Arrive in Hirtshals and board the overnight ferry which will transport the tour to Norway! Arrive in Bergen tomorrow.
- Orientation tour of Odense: Explore the hometown of Hans Christian Andersen and learn more about the town’s history as well as the famous fairytale writer himself. Keep an eye out for anything that could have been the inspiration for his stories!
- Orientation tour of Aarhus: Experience a visit to Denmark’s second-biggest city. Embark on an orientation tour of this bustling spot and learn more about its history, culture and traditions. Den Gamle By is an open-air museum in Aarhus, which you can explore for insight into the Danish way of life centuries ago!
Arrive in Bergen
Hello Norway! Arrive in Bergen, a charming destination known as “the city among the seven mountains”. Bergen is also the gateway to exploring Norway’s magnificent fjords - seeing the incredible natural splendour of the fjords is a highlight of any Norway tour package! Embark on an orientation driving tour of the city and see the highlights. Bergen is home to Bryggen Quay - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and top attraction in the city. This afternoon, enjoy free time to explore the city as you wish. Choose to join the optional excursions to Bergen’s aquarium and the Magic Ice Bar or simply relax and take a leisurely stroll through the streets. Tonight, enjoying dinner at one of the harbourside restaurants is highly recommended!
- Cruise through Norway’s fjords: Did you know that Norway is home to over 1,000 fjords? The views are guaranteed to take your breath away!
- Orientation tour of Bergen: Enjoy getting to know more about Bergen during an orientation tour of the city. The UNESCO-listed Bryggen Quay is a real highlight!
Today, look forward to a full free day to explore beautiful Bergen! This is Norway’s second-biggest city and offers great things to see and do! Catch a ride on the Fløibanen, the Bergen funicular railway, and travel one thousand feet up Fløyen mountain. Enjoy amazing views of the city from the top. There are also a number of excellent hikes nearby. Staying in the city? Explore more of Bryggen Quay and see the classic medieval architecture, bustling markets and warehouses. Or, return to Bryggen to spend some more time exploring the classic medieval architecture, markets and warehouses. Norwegian adventures abound today!
Experiences included: Explore Bergen; known as “the city among the seven mountains”, and marvel at the views of Norway’s spectacular natural scenery
Bergen Gudvangen - Flam - Borgund - Oslo
Head into the scenic heartland of Norway today! Wave goodbye to Bergen and travel to Gudvangen. This charming village is a popular spot located at the end of Nærøyfjord - one of Norway’s most famous fjords! Arrive and choose to join the optional excursion to a nearby Viking village, which will be followed by a sightseeing cruise. Expect sparkling blue waters, waterfalls plummeting hundreds of metres and dramatic cliffs - breathtaking scenes! Sail along the Nærøyfjord and Aurlandsfjorden fjords to Flam, to meet up with the coach. Departing Flam, make a stop at Borgund’s famous Stave Church. Afterwards, continue to Oslo. Arrive later on this evening and sit down for an included dinner with the group at the hotel.
- Experience Norway’s scenery: Take a trip through the scenery of Norway’s beautiful heartland which is home to fjords, forests and mountains.
- Visit Gudvangen: Travel to the village nestled at the end of Norway’s most famous Fjord. Arrive in Gudvangen and enjoy the chance to join an optional excursion to a Viking village followed by a scenic cruise through the fjords!
- See Borgund’s Stave Church: Enjoy a stop at this striking Norwegian church. Have your cameras ready as the Stave Church offer great photo opportunities.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Discover Oslo, Norway’s capital city, this morning! Join a local guide for a walking tour and see the highlights of the city which is also home to Norway’s royal family. Top sights include Akershus Castle and the Royal Palace. Afterwards, spend free time exploring more of this cultured city. As the afternoon arrives, it’s time to travel to a new country! Head to Karlstad in Sweden which is the overnight destination for this evening. Karlstad is located halfway between Oslo in Norway and Stockholm in Sweden, and sits on the shores of Lake Vänern, offering great outdoor activities, culture and Swedish cuisine - making it a popular spot for locals and visitors!
- Guided tour of Oslo: Join a local guide for a walking tour of Oslo, Norway. See the city’s highlights, learn more about Olso’s history and local traditions. Top sights include Kvadraturen, Akershus Castle, the Oslo Opera House, the Parliament building and the Royal Palace.
Karlstad Sigtuna - Stockholm
Get ready to see more of Sweden! Today’s first stop is Sigtuna, a picturesque medieval town which is the oldest in Sweden! Arrive and set off on an orientation tour. Enjoy free time to explore and enjoy lunch. Next, continue this tour of the Scandinavian region and head towards Stockholm! Arrive in Sweden’s lively capital city and join a local guide for a driving and walking tour of the city. See the Royal Palace as well as the AF Chapman ship followed by a walk through Gamla Stan which is Stockholm’s Old Town. Tonight, there is an included group dinner on the menu! Sit down at a restaurant in the city centre and enjoy Swedish meatballs before checking into the hotel for tonight.
- Visit Sigtuna: Head out on an orientation tour of Sweden's oldest town! This charming Swedish town was founded in 970 AD by King Erik the Victorious and is home to the oldest Main Street in Sweden.
- Guided tour of Stockholm: Explore Sweden’s capital city with a local guide! See the highlights of this cosmopolitan Scandinavian city which include the Royal Palace, the AF Chapman ship as well as the Old Town and beating heart of the city - Gamla Stan.
- Swedish Meatballs for dinner: Get ready to try out a Swedish classic - meatballs! Enjoy them during an included group dinner tonight.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Stockholm - free day
Stockholm is yours to explore on this free day in the city! Join the optional Best of Stockholm excursion for deeper insight into the city - enjoy a scenic drive, visit Vaxholm and the world-famous Vasa Museum. There are an array of activities on offer to keep you captivated! See more of Gamla Stan and wander the historic cobblestone streets. Explore Stockholm’s numerous islands which offer great walks - Djurgården is home to Skansen, the open-air Swedish history museum. Why not take a trip to one of the city’s fascinating museums? They cover topics including Vikings, Nordic history and Abba of course! Swedish adventure awaits today!
Stockholm - end of tour
After 10 days of discovering the highlights of Scandinavia, the time has come to say farewell! This morning, the tour comes to an end after breakfast. Be sure to swap contact information with your newly-made travel friends before leaving! We hope you have had an incredible time on tour!
Inclusions & Exclusions
- 9 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities
- 9 breakfasts, 3 dinners (*Vegetarian options available for all meals on request)
- Modern air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and toilet onboard
- Overnight ferry from Denmark to Norway
- Any public transport used as part of the tour days (excludes free days)
- Guided tour of Copenhagen; Denmark's capital city
- Explore Odense; hometown of Hans Christian Anderson
- Visit Aarhus; a captivating Danish city
- Catch an overnight ferry to Norway
- Cruise through Norway’s magnificent fjords
- Explore Bergen; known as “the city among the seven mountains”
- Marvel at the views of Norway’s spectacular natural scenery
- Visit Gudvangen; a village at the end of Norway’s most famous fjord
- Enjoy a photo stop at Borgund’s Stave Church
- See the highlights of Oslo with a local guide
- Visit Sigtuna; Sweden’s oldest town
- Explore Stockholm with a local guide
- Tuck into Swedish meatballs in Stockholm
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- All taxes and fees included
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip
- International flights
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Meals & sightseeing not specified
- Optional tours
- Tipping & gratuities (optional)
- Items of a personal nature, such as drinks, snacks, laundry etc
- Any items or services not listed in the above inclusions
Important Info and Terms & Conditions
Child Policy: No children under 10 years of age are allowed on this tour. Contact us if you are after a family-friendly trip!
Single supplement: Travelling solo? The single supplement is $750 and is available on check-out.
Fitness levels: These tours require a moderate level of fitness and are not ideal for people travelling with wheelchairs or severe mobility issues.
Want to stay longer, add on another tour or need help with flights? Get in touch with us today!